Before downloading and using this anesthesia simulator, the users should carefully read and explicitly agree to the following restrictions on your use of this simulator.
1. Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT) has certain rights to this anesthesia simulator, which was developed by Prof. Youqing Wang and colleagues at BUCT. Licensee (people or legal person who downloads this simulator) would like to use the simulator for its own internal use to test its own system identification and control algorithms for closed-loop anesthesia. BUCT wishes to grant Licensee a non-exclusive, internal use license to the simulator. BUCT does not guarantee the accuracy and rationality of the data produced by the simulator.
2. This anesthesia simulator is a free and open source software package provided to the users to research, communicate and make use of, and the only one legal and official accessible source is the following website “www.autommed.org”. Notice that commercial use, private transmission and copy, and uploading to the Internet of this simulator are not allowed and may result in civil and criminal penalties.
3. This anesthesia simulator has been authorized computer software copyright by the Copyright Protection Center of China (CPCC) and protected by the copyright law of the People’s Republic of China. Any dispute between the parties will be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission. Either party may request such arbitration. BUCT and Licensee will mutually agree in writing on a third party arbitrator with thirty (30) days of the arbitration request. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and non-appealable and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
4. The details of this simulator’s establishment background and developing procedures have been introduced explicitly in the paper [M. Fang; Y. Tao; Y. Wang. An enriched simulation environment for evaluation of closed-loop anesthesia. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing, 2013, Volume 27, Number 3, DOI 10.1007/s10977-013-9483-0]. Any publication, using this anesthesia simulator and/or data produced by this simulator, should make a declaration of the citation of the above-mentioned paper in its reference list.
5. Since this simulator was developed under MATLAB operating environment, the users must ensure the installment of MATLAB and consent to the relevant user license agreement terms of MATLAB software before downloading and using this anesthesia simulator.
6. This software is a simulator rather than a medically approved device, and the results of simulation actually have some reference value but are still not equal to the clinical regulation effects. Therefore, this simulator can be used to do some theoretical researches, and the simulation results are provided to analyze and refer to, rather than directly applied in clinical. Based on this term, we will not be responsible for any undesirable consequence due to the clinical misusage of this simulator.